Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A few trailers

I'm procrastinating so here's a quick update:

Here are three of the best trailers I've seen in the past few months.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo : One of the best trailers I have seen in a long time.  It's eye catching- the cutting and the music (I cannot wait to listen to the full version of that song- it sounds amazing) are really well done.  Although watching the trailer again after watching the original Swedish version of the film, if you know the story, I feel like you can place the scenes you get quick glimpses of really quickly.  I thought the original film was fine.  It was a solid movie with an interesting mystery, but it was definitely one of those movies that relied more on plot than characters.  There are various reasons why I'd rewatch a movie, but I can't imagine myself wanting to go out of my way to rewatch this one (not that it was a bad movie, it was interesting and solid) since I already know what happens.        

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy: There's a newer trailer for this one floating around online but I far prefer the first one.  It really uses the music well to establish this great, taut, tense mood.  I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie.

Take Shelter: this looks intriguing.

Also a kudos for the Muppets for their parody trailers.    

Here's to hoping there're good movies as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment